22211Re: Vim version 6.0am ALPHA available

  • Zdenek Sekera
    Jul 2, 2001
      Bohdan,

      you are wrong here:
      Bohdan Vlasyuk wrote:

      > On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 04:26:58AM -0400, Matt Dunford wrote:
      >
      > > I'll update the cvs for you.
      > I always thought that CVS provides convenient means to keep remotes up
      > to date.

      It surely does, for some. For those unfortunate ones that are behind
      the firewall, it's often inaccessible due to admin restrictions.
      E.g. I can't use it (and many others).
      So much for your (a bit, IMHO) provocative statement.

      I think a day or two of delay with updating should not be a problem,
      huh??

      > If, despite of my beliefs, CVS is generally used to kill disk
      > space and create mess among others, I'm sorry, I was wrong,

      You are wrong when stating this.

      > and next
      > time I'll download huge .bz2 to boost vim.org traffic scores.

      I don't think that the vim.org traffic score measures anything,
      do you? And since we are at it: how can the CVS source be any shorter
      than the .bz2 source file?

      Friendly,

      ---Zdenek

      ---Zdenek