20353keymap menu items ...

  • Ron Aaron
    May 1, 2001
      Hi all --

      I notice that the Edit|Keymap... menu shows all the keymap items. This is
      more information than we probably want to show. Why? Look at the options:

      hebrew
      hebrew_cp1255
      hebrew_iso-8859-8
      hebrew_utf-8
      ... etc ...

      I believe that we should only show the base name, e.g. the part before the
      first '_' character, since using the command e.g.:

      :set keymap=hebrew

      will automatically choose the correct mapping for the current encoding. It
      would be wrong and confusing to allow someone to use the utf-8 keymap for
      instance, when he was editing cp1255 text (for example).

      Best regards,
      Ron

      --
      "VINE is not PINE"