19656Re: toggling keymap in normal mode

  • Andrew Rodionoff
    Apr 5, 2001
      Greetings, Alexey

      On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 14:28:50, Alexey Marinichev wrote:
      AM> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 11:02:20PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote: [...]
      >> If you want to switch the 'keymap' on/off for specific situations, like
      >> when editing an e-mail that contains a MIME note about the charset, feel
      >> free to make any mapping, script and function that you need. The most
      >> obvious would be:

      >> :map <F4> :set keymap=russian<CR> :map <F5> :set keymap=<CR>

      AM> The problem is once <F5> is pressed, insert mode Ctrl-^ is not working
      AM> anymore.

      AM> In any case: I *always* *always* want insert mode Ctrl-^ to work. I do
      AM> not want to remember to press <F4> to initialise keymap option. *And*,
      AM> when I start vim, I expect it to be in normal latin mode. That's it.
      AM> What's the simplest way to do it?
      I manage my keymaps with simple plugin script attached to this msg. I hope
      its comments are sufficient to understand how it works. I've also included my
      Russian keymap file as a reference to newbie i18n keymap users.

      --
      Best regards, Andrew

      np: Manowar//Gloves Of Metal (Into Glory Ride)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic