19476Re: toggling keymap in normal mode

  • Alexey Marinichev
    Apr 3, 2001
      On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 11:02:20PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > If you want to switch the 'keymap' on/off for specific situations, like when
      > editing an e-mail that contains a MIME note about the charset, feel free to
      > make any mapping, script and function that you need. The most obvious would
      > be:
      > :map <F4> :set keymap=russian<CR>
      > :map <F5> :set keymap=<CR>

      The problem is once <F5> is pressed, insert mode Ctrl-^ is not working

      In any case: I *always* *always* want insert mode Ctrl-^ to work. I do
      not want to remember to press <F4> to initialise keymap option. *And*,
      when I start vim, I expect it to be in normal latin mode. That's it.
      What's the simplest way to do it?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic