18606Re: Local/Global tags variable

    Mar 2 4:00 AM
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > >
      > [snip]
      > > Then we need new ways to access the local value. And probably also a way to
      > > set the global value. How about this:
      > >
      > > :let &opt = val like in Vim 5.7
      > > :let &%opt = val global value?
      > > :let &.opt = val local value?
      >
      > I like the idea, but not the syntax. How about
      >
      > :let &opt = val
      > :let &g:opt = val
      > :let &b:opt = val
      > :let &w:opt = val

      OK. But I prefer to use &l: for ":setlocal". Otherwise users may get the
      idea that they can set a window-local value for a buffer-local option.
      Also, you probably have to lookup if an option is window-local or
      buffer-local.

      > for global, buffer, and window options? Also, please clarify what "like
      > in Vim 5.7" means. Does this mean set the local value if it is a local
      > option, set the global value if it is a global option (with or without a
      > local value)?

      I'll have to check what 5.7 did exactly, but I think it's what you describe.
      At least it should set the global value of global options with a local value.

      --
      Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the
      world's population.