18590Re: 6.0w configure failure ...

  • Ron Aaron
    Mar 1, 2001
      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes:
      >Ron Aaron wrote:
      >
      >> The failure is that it seems to be unable to determine the size of an int (!):
      >>
      >> configure:5704: checking size of int
      >> configure:5723: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lncurses -lelf -liconv -lgpm 1>&5
      >> configure:5715: warning: return-type defaults to `int'
      >> configure: failed program was:
      >> #line 5712 "configure"
      >> #include "confdefs.h"
      >> #include <stdio.h>
      >> main()
      >> {
      >> FILE *f=fopen("conftestval", "w");
      >> if (!f) exit(1);
      >> fprintf(f, "%d\n", (int)sizeof(int));
      >> exit(0);
      >> }
      >>

      >The problem is probably that linking failed. Strange that there is no error
      >message. Check the other lines in the config.log around this, I suspect other
      >tests that compile and link a program also failed.

      OK, I looked into it more, and still haven't a clue.

      I manually went into auto/config.h and changed SIZEOF_INT to 4, and everything
      compiled and works fine. :-<

      I compared the config.log with one from a machine without the problem, and
      there was nothing obvious.

      Ron
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic