17842Re: Delay when using the mouse to activate menus on Win32

  • Benji Fisher
    Jan 31, 2001
      Ron Aaron wrote:

      > Hi all -
      >
      > I have noticed for a long time a curious buglet:
      >
      > In gvim on Win32, when selecting a menu item, the action is not immediate.
      >
      > For example, load a bunch of files so you have entries in the 'buffers'
      > menu. Now, using the mouse, select a buffer from the menu BUT DON'T MOVE
      > THE MOUSE after selecting. If you are careful, nothing will happen until
      > you move the mouse!
      >
      > It looks like something bogus in our event handling. Has anyone else
      > noticed this?
      >
      > Ron

      I do not see this. I am running gvim 5.7 and 6.0t on W95. I use a
      track pad, so I can test this pretty reliably: when I tap the button,
      there is no danger of accidentally moving the pointer at the same time.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic