17834Re: :X command

  • Chase Tingley
    Jan 31, 2001
      On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > If someone types :X accidentally, he needs a way to get out without
      > causing damage. There is an item in the todo list to require the
      > password to be typed twice, and refuse it when it's not identical. I
      > think that should be sufficient. It's not 100% backwards compatible, but
      > I don't think that is a problem in this case, since you are always typing
      > the password.

      I took a rough swing at implementing this (attached).

      Also, I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) that get_crypt_key() was leaking
      "p" when TRUE was given as the value of "store" -- set_option_value() would
      save a copy and the original p allocated by getcmdline_prompt() would
      wander off into the ether. Hopefully I'm not missing something or
      hallucinating this; I tentatively stuck an extra vim_free in the patch to
      deal with it.

      ct
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic