17176Re: matchit.vim et cetera

  • Benji Fisher
    Jan 3, 2001
      c928400@... wrote:
      > Thus wrote Benji Fisher (benji@...) on [010101]:
      > > 2. It's not a big deal, just a matter of convenience. Consider
      > If you want to do something this simple, try
      > fun AnotherFoo(direction)
      > call search("foo", a:direction =~? '^b\(ackward\)\=$' ? "b" : "")
      > endfun
      > (which happens to include my favorite way of handling cases "b" or
      > "backward" case insensitive.)
      > Peppe

      Of course, what I really have in mind is not that simple! ;)

      I did say that it is a matter of convenience, so thank you for making
      it more convenient. I did not know that C-style ?: had been added to vim
      6.0: what fun! Thanks also for the reminder about =~?: I know about
      this variant, but do not always remember to use it.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic