17073Re: matchit.vim et cetera

    Jan 1 3:49 AM
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > 2. request: it would be convenient if search() had a flag giving the
      > default (forward) behavior, as in
      >
      > :call search("foo", "f")

      Eh, why? If you leave out "b" it will search forward.

      > In fact, I would prefer "?" and "/" instead of "b" and "f".

      That's a matter of taste.

      > 3. compilation woes: The README files say that there is a vim*.zip file
      > containing the sources for dos-like systems. I could not find this for
      > vim 6.0q; are these distributions only made for use releases?

      Yes. All the files are in the Unix src and the extra archives. You could
      generate the dos-source archive from this yourself.

      > Using MS VC++ 6.0, I could not compile from the command line (probably
      > because include files were not in my path) so I tried the GUI compiler
      > interface. According to the docs, this should compile gvim by default, but
      > I got the console version.

      For the command line to work you need to run "vcvars32" first.

      For gvim you need to use Make_gvc.mak. It can be converted into a project to
      use in the VC-GUI. Make_mvc.mak produces a console version by default, but
      can also make other versions. I don't think it can be converted into a
      project, which makes debugging difficult. (I only have MSVC 5.0, but I don't
      think 6.0 is different).

      162. You go outside and look for a brightness knob to turn down the sun.