15235RE: Vim 6.0h: Win32 compile problem

    Sep 1, 2000
      Brent Fulgham wrote:

      > > I don't see a problem on my Win 98 system. I would expect
      > > the ACL functions to return a FAIL on Windows 95 and 98,
      > > which is handled correctly.
      > >

      > Unfortunately, they appear to be stubbed out in such a way that
      > they allow the executable to be successfully linked, but fail
      > at runtime (i.e., when it loads the ADVAPI32.DLL). I'm afraid
      > #ifdef's will be necessary.

      OK, so it's a Mingw32 problem. Your suggested patch contains:

      #if defined(_WIN32_WINNT)

      Won't that also disable the code when I compile with MS-VC on my Win 98
      system? I think it's better to add an #ifdef for the ming compiler, since
      it's their stub that causes the problem, right?

      --
      Team-building exercises come in many forms but they all trace their roots back
      to the prison system. In your typical team-building exercise the employees