15232Re: Vim 6.0h: Win32 compile problem

    Sep 1 4:00 AM
      Ron Aaron wrote:

      > Using the 'mingw32' version of gcc-2.95.2, I encountered a problem compiling
      > os_win32.c (line 1948). The function used there is only available on NT, so
      > Win95 (and 98?) users cannot have it. This needs to be dealt with.

      I don't see a problem on my Win 98 system. I would expect the ACL functions
      to return a FAIL on Windows 95 and 98, which is handled correctly.

      How about this patch:

      *** os_win32.c~ Thu Aug 31 20:42:31 2000
      --- os_win32.c Fri Sep 1 11:58:17 2000
      ***************
      *** 1940,1945 ****
      --- 1940,1949 ----
      {
      struct my_acl *p;

      + /* This only works on Windows NT and 2000. */
      + if (g_PlatformId != VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT)
      + return (vim_acl_t)NULL;
      +
      p = (struct my_acl *)alloc_clear((unsigned)sizeof(struct my_acl));
      if (p != NULL)
      {

      Or do you need some #ifdefs?

      --
      Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer, my terminal,
      or the view out my window are purely coincidental. Any resemblance between