13479Re: GNU coding style indent stuff

  • Scott Bigham
    Feb 29, 2000
      On Feb 29, 2000, Tomas Ogren wrote:

      > Maybe we could put in a FAQ or something how to get GNU coding style...?

      Well, setting aside Thomas' singularly unhelpful reply... :-/ We use a
      GNU-like indent style at the office, and I'd pretty much settled on:

      set cinoptions=(0,g0,{s,>2s,n-s,^-s,t0 sw=2

      This has the small problem that blocks inside a switch() get offset too
      much:

      void f()
      {
      switch (x)
      {
      case 5:
      {
      break;
      }
      case 7:
      {
      break;
      }
      }
      }

      Oddly, this used to be worse, in that successive blocks kept getting
      indented further and further,[*] but that no longer seems to happen with
      5.6.11. Was this a bug fix I missed?

      -sbigham

      [*] <URL:http://www.egroups.com/group/vim/7215.html?>
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic