Kibaale visit report

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2001
      In the first two weeks of October I have visited the Kibaale Childrens
      Centre in Uganda. This is Vim's charityware.

      Use one of these links:

      http://www.vim.org/iccf/news.html
      http://iccf-holland.org/news.html
      http://www.iccf.nl/news.html

      Use the "more pictures" link to get an impression of what I have seen
      in Kibaale.

      A few notes:

      - For people in Germany there is now a way to get a tax reduction if you
      donate money towards the project. See this page (in German):

      http://www.vim.org/iccf/germany.html

      - The amounts for sponsoring a child have been raised. Mainly because
      the dollar has become more expensive (thus counted in US dollars the
      amounts didn't change much). At the same time we switched to the
      Euro (the guilder disappears January 2002). The amounts should now be
      enough to cover the actual costs for sponsoring a child. The last
      year part of the one-time donations had to be used to fill the gap.
      We rather use them for something else, like keeping the clinic
      running.

      I have a list of 15 children that are waiting to be sponsored. Don't
      disappoint them!

      15. Your heart races faster and beats irregularly each time you see a new WWW
      site address in print or on TV, even though you've never had heart
      problems before.