LinuxWorld nominates Vim for award

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 1999
      Good news!

      From http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1999-07/lw-07-finalists.html:

      <quote>

      LinuxWorld announces finalists in 1999 Editors' Choice Awards

      [...]

      Drawn from its editorial staff and pool of first-rate authors, LinuxWorld's
      team of expert judges nominated outstanding Linux tools, companies, and
      individuals in 17 categories. Products from both commercial vendors and the
      open source and free software communities were considered for awards. In
      choosing the finalists, the judges carefully weighed each product's features
      and functions, as well as the impact of each product, company, and individual
      on the advancement of Linux as an operating system.

      From the judging process, the following finalists emerged:

      [...]

      Text Editing
      - Emacs (Richard M. Stallman)
      - Vim (Bram Moolenaar)

      </quote>

      There is also a link to http://www.wpi.com/linuxworld/lw-ec-finalists.html,
      but that is not filled with info yet.

      The winners of the award will be announced August 11th, at the LinuxWorld
      Expo. This happens to be the day of the solar eclipse (97% over here). Also
      just after noon (but there's a time difference).

      I would expect that Emacs will get the award. But the nomination is a reward
      in itself! I'm happy already. Where is that champagne bottle...

      (does someone know how to "help" them with making a choice? :-)

      --
      Back up my hard drive? I can't find the reverse switch!

      --/-/---- Bram Moolenaar ---- Bram@... ---- Bram@... ---\-\--
      \ \ www.vim.org/iccf www.moolenaar.net www.vim.org / /