Exuberant Ctags-2.1 released (w/Java support)

  • Darren Hiebert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 1998
      Hello folks,

      I have just released version 2.1 of Exuberant Ctags, which now provides
      Java support, as well as auto-detection of the language (e.g. C, C++,
      Java) of the source files. This now allows the user to use a command line
      such as "ctags *", and have ctags only examine those source files which it
      understands, while ignoring non-source files (object files, etc).

      Exuberant Ctags can be obtained from the following locations:

      http://darren.hiebert.com/ctags
      ftp://ftp.revnet.com/pub/ctags

      Please note that the timing of this release was in no way intended to
      upstage Claudio Fleiner's announcement of "jtags" yesterday. The timing on
      this is purely coincidental, as I have been working on adding Java support
      for several weeks now. I would like to thank Claudio Fleiner for making
      his jtags command-line compatible with Exuberant Ctags.

      One distinct difference between Exuberant Ctags and Claudio's jtags is that
      Exuberant Ctags is released under the GPL, whereas jtags is owned by IBM.

      --
      Darren Hiebert <darren@...>
      http://darren.hiebert.com