Vim charity update

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2009
      Hello Vim users,

      Just a short note about Vim's charity project. I have made the
      ICCF Holland financial report for 2008.

      The total amount of donations has decreased a little bit. The rising
      trend of previous years has stopped. If you know a way to make it go up
      again in 2009, let me know!

      We have again managed to keep the overhead very low: 99.3% of the
      donated money was sent to the project in Uganda. The 0.7% costs is
      mostly for international banking.

      You can find the report here: http://iccf-holland.org/jaar2008.pdf

      I will visit the project the coming weeks. I'll let you know what is
      going on in Kibaale in a month or so.

      More information about the project on the ICCF website:
      http://iccf-holland.org

      Happy Vimming!

      226. You sit down at the computer right after dinner and your spouse
      says "See you in the morning."

      You received this message from the "vim_announce" maillist.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2009
        Hello Vim users,

        Vim comes for free. I do ask you to consider helping Vim's charity,
        please read on.

        In April I have visited the Kibaale Childrens Centre. My overall
        impression is that things are very organized, many children are given
        proper education and other basic needs. We are gradually able to help
        the community improve the living conditions in this poor district. You
        can read my report, with lots of pictures, here:
        http://iccf-holland.org/news.html#April2009

        The new clinic has become very popular. Every day many patients come
        here for medical help that would otherwise not be available to them.
        The Kibaale clinic saves lives!

        This popularity comes at a price. We struggle to pay for all the
        medicine, salaries of the medical staff, maintenance of equipment, etc.
        Therefore I have set up this page for sponsoring a room in the clinic:
        http://iccf-holland.org/sponsorclinic.html

        We need your help!

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 11:08 AM
          Hello Vim users,

          I have visited Vim's recommended charity in Uganda. This project helps
          needy children in Kibaale. You can find it on the ICCF website:
          http://iccf-holland.org/news.html

          A lot of pictures can be found here:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/brammoolenaar/KibaaleChildrensCentre2011

          In case you wonder how much of the donations actually ends up at the
          project: for 2010 it was 99.5 %. More numbers in the financial report:
          http://iccf-holland.org/jaarrekening2010en.pdf

          PS. Don't forget to do your Amazon orders through:
          http://iccf-holland.org/click1.html

          --
          Our job was to build a computer information system for the branch banks. We
          were the perfect people for the job: Dean had seen a computer once, and I had

          You received this message from the "vim_announce" maillist.