Problems with Vim lists on Google Groups

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2007
      Hello Vim users,

      A few weeks ago the Vim maillists were moved to the Google Groups
      system. For most people this worked well, but some experienced problems
      receiving and posting messages. That means one is successfully
      subscribed, but messages are not received and posting is not allowed.

      It took a while to figure out what went wrong. It turned out that it
      was caused by a denied mass-subscribe request. At first I had tried to
      automatically subscribe the subscribers of the old maillists at Google
      Groups. The requests that were denied have resulted in a special flag
      for the e-mail addresses in these lists. That caused the problems.

      I have sent this message to the people in the denied requests, but
      I got quite a few bounces. Thus I'm repeating the message here for
      others that appear to be in this situation.

      If you have the problems described, you can do one of these:
      - Subscribe with another e-mail address.
      - Some people reported that it started working after creating a Google
      account.
      - Contact Groups support at this URL:
      http://groups.google.com/support/bin/request.py

      I'm very sorry we caused these problems and it took so long to figure
      out what went wrong.

      --
      If Microsoft would build a car...
      ... the oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would

      You received this message from the "vim_announce" maillist.