Vim patches and lack of food

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2006
      Greetings, Vim users.

      You may have noticed patches for Vim 7 appear at a slow pace. I
      currently have limited time to work on Vim. And my internet connection
      isn't 100% reliable, and SourceForge was down for a day, and [insert
      your favorite excuse here]...

      On the positive side: I found a nice apartment in Zurich. Once I have
      moved in there and have a proper internet connection again I'll try to
      work away the most important items in the todo list. First the ones for
      which I have received a patch (hint!).

      While we are enjoying unusually sunny weather here in western Europe,
      children in Uganda are suffering from an unusual drought. Especially in
      the area around Kibaale the situation is really bad. Planted crops
      withered and died. It has not been this bad since 1992.

      Kibaale Childrens Centre (KCC), the charity supported by Vim, has
      started food assistance to over 400 families. This has helped them
      through the most difficult period. However, we expect the families to
      run out of food again after August, by the end of the dry season. We
      need to prepare to help the children and their families again.

      For more background information read about the famine relief program:

      http://iccf-holland.org/famine2006.html

      Please consider making a donation this month!

      - Bram

      --
      Tips for aliens in New York: Land anywhere. Central Park, anywhere.
      No one will care or indeed even notice.