IMPORTANT! The Vim Mailing Lists Have Moved!

  • Felix von Leitner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15 6:07 PM
      Hi folks,

      almost two years ago. Because of that, we were forced to use an old Majordomo
      and the mailing lists were not completely reliable, and whenever someone had a
      mail problem, I got tons of bounces and had to remove these folks manually.

      Fortunately, these days are gone now. Hopefully.
      The mailing lists have now moved to babayaga.math.fu-berlin.de and I also
      slightly renamed them. Not only did we switch the mailing list software (it's
      now EZMLM), we also switched from sendmail to qmail. And I'm proud to announce
      that the mailing lists now run on a lowly 386SX-25 under Linux! The days of
      HP-UX are over. Praise the lord!

      So, we have moved all subscribed members to the new machine. The
      unsubscription semantics changed a little, too. You just send an empty mail to
      [listname]-unsubscribe@...-berlin.de, for example
      vim-announce-unsubscribe.

      I also made a small web page about the mailing lists, please go to
      http://babayaga.math.fu-berlin.de/~vim/, easy enough.

      So, *please* change your mail aliases. I told the prz guys to drop the old
      aliases silently in a few weeks and until then provide the old functionality.
      If you maintain a vim page, please change the pointer. Laurent and Sven, this
      means especially you!

      Happy vimming!

      Felix

      PS: VIM performs wonderfully on babayaga! ;)