Vim sponsorship changes

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2006
      The past few years many people have sponsored my work on Vim. Now
      version 7 is nearing completion, beta testing will start soon, very
      soon. A big thanks to all who supported me! I would not have been able
      to do this without your help.

      But things are going to change. I have accepted a job offer and will go
      back to a full time job in a few months. To avoid speculation and
      rumours: I am going to work for Google in Zurich. Fortunately I can
      spend part of my time on Vim. But it will obviously be less than the
      past few years when I was working 150% of my time on Vim.

      I will no longer need sponsorship to survive. Therefore, starting the
      end of March, all money given for Vim sponsorship and registration will
      go to the project in Kibaale, Uganda. And no, this is not an April
      fools joke.

      The voting will continue as before. And seeing people give money will
      motivate me to keep working on Vim. The children need the help much
      more than me anyway. Thus please keep sending money!

      255. You work for a newspaper and your editor asks you to write an
      article about Internet addiction...in the "first person."