Vim Calendar, past and future

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2005
      This has become a tradition: The Vim desktop calendar for 2006 is now
      available! It is made from one sheet of paper that you need to fold.
      It has a useful calendar on one side, brief information about ICCF
      Holland, Vim, Aap and Zimbu Labs on the other side.

      The Calendar is available in Dutch and English. You can find the links
      here:

      http://www.moolenaar.net/index.html#Calendar

      I think just about everybody can use PDF now, so I didn't make
      PostScript files. Let me know if you do need them.

      Past, Present and Future

      In 2005 we have seen the Vim 6.4 release and meanwhile work on new
      features for Vim 7 continued. The Vim 6 series is really into bugfixing
      mode now, I spend most time working on Vim 7. I see more remarks
      appearing about the nice features it provides, and get problem reports
      for Vim 6.x about things that have been fixed in Vim 7. I suppose it's
      about time to get Vim 7 ready for a release!

      However, some of the new features are still unfinished and once the
      release is out we need to be backwards compatible. Thus I don't want to
      rush things. I will try to cut down on adding big new features now,
      otherwise Vim 7 will never be ready. It's difficult enough to get some
      of the more complicated features (spell checking, omni completion) to a
      quality level that people expect of a Vim release.

      What happens after Vim 7 very much depends on the support I'm getting.
      Fortunately there are quite a few sponsors, but it's still barely enough
      to make a living. Thus I might have to go back to work for money, which
      means I won't have so much time for Vim. We'll see what happens.

      --
      Why is "abbreviation" such a long word?