Vim 6.4 preparations

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2005
      It looks like Vim 7 is still far from a release. There are quite a few
      things to be worked on. And I'm going to Uganda for about a month, that
      pushes it further forward.

      Vim 6.3 was released over a year ago. There are patches, but many
      people prefer installing Vim directly, with all the updated runtime
      files. Therefore I'm planning a 6.4 release. This is just going to be
      Vim 6.3 with all the patches included and the most recent runtime files.

      If there is some bug that was fixed in Vim 7 but not put back into Vim
      6.3, let me know and I'll see if the risk is small enough to do that
      now. Stability is the main goal of this release, thus I will reject
      anything that I am not confident about.

      The most recent runtime files can be found here:
      ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/
      If you spot an outdated file there, please ask the maintainer to send me
      an update.

      Don't send requests for new features, I will ignore them.

      It has been a long time since I made a release, I'm first going to make
      Vim 6.4a beta. Mostly to verify the release building is OK.

      Schedule:
      Right now, until October 7: Maintainers send me updated runtime files
      Weekend of October 8/9: Vim 6.4a beta
      Less than a week later: Vim 6.4

      --
      MICHAEL PALIN PLAYED: 1ST SOLDIER WITH A KEEN INTEREST IN BIRDS, DENNIS, MR
      DUCK (A VILLAGE CARPENTER WHO IS ALMOST KEENER THAN