Vim sponsorship and voting for features
- Fixing bugs and adding new features takes a lot of effort. For the past
two years I have attempted to do this next to a full-time job. During
that time the todo list kept getting longer and longer.
I have thought about various solutions. I have decided to ask Vim users
to sponsor my work on Vim. Through donations I will be able to have a
part-time job and spend much more time on Vim, fixing bugs and adding
If you want to sponsor my work on Vim, please visit the new sponsor
pages on the Vim web site:
To give something back to the people who make a donation, they will be
able to vote for new features. This is how it works:
1. You make a donation of at least 10 euro.
2. You will be e-mailed a sponsor key. Enter this key on your account
page on the Vim website. You can easily create an account if you
don't have one yet.
3. You can enter your votes on the voting page, only available for
sponsors who have entered their sponsor key. The more you donate
the more your votes count.
4. The voting results appear on the results page. It is visible for
5. If you make a donation of 100 euro or more your name appears on the
Vim sponsors list (if you enable this on your account page).
More information can be found in the FAQ:
The sponsor pages have been made with PHP and MySQL. If something looks
wrong, let me know.
hundred-and-one symptoms of being an internet addict:
159. You get excited whenever discussing your hard drive.
/// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net \\\
/// Sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\ Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org ///
\\\ Help AIDS victims, buy here: http://ICCF-Holland.org/click1.html ///