RE: Hello, how to do?

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 29, 2008
      bill lam wrote:
      > May be it should also mention posting a new message by
      > starting a new thread but not by replying to an unrelated mail.

      Thanks. That's another thing we complain about, so I've added that point. Of course
      it was correct for you to reply in this thread.

      > What is the political correct email address of this mailing list?
      > vim.org or googlegroups?

      That issue is a bit of a mess and I have purposely avoided confronting it on the
      vim-information page. Historically, this group has always been vim@.... The
      think Bram hoped to minimise future hassles by keeping that name active even though
      the group is currently correctly addressed as vim_use@... (so people
      would be able to use vim@... even if another change is required in the future).

      John