Re: how to set different color schemes for GVIM & console VIM

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2008
      On 25/11/08 09:08, Hua Yanghao wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > The same color scheme for GUI vim & console vim looks quite different,
      > and I found different color scheme best suited for each of them. Is it
      > possible to set different color scheme for GUI and Console VIM?
      >
      > --
      > Thanks & Best Regards,
      > Hua Yanghao

      Sure:
      - set your console-mode colorscheme in your vimrc
      - set your GUI-mode colorscheme in your gvimrc if you have one,
      otherwise in an autocommand for the GUIEnter event. You may want to
      bracket that autocommand with "if has('gui')" to avoid errors in
      Console-only Vim versions (where the GUIEnter event isn't defined).

      That way, the GUI-mode colorscheme will be set only when starting the
      GUI, and after your vimrc has been read and is over and done with. IOW,
      the console-mode colorscheme will be the only one set in console mode,
      and the GUI-mode colorscheme will be the last one set in GUI mode.

      A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
      in than some that do.
      -- Dennis M. Ritchie