Re: Execute -> Search Backwards problem

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
      On 02/11/08 01:23, Tim Johnson wrote:
      > Using vim 7.1 on kubuntu 7.10:
      >
      > The following snippet of a vim function works as expected
      > elseif fileType == 'javascript'
      > execute '/\<function\>'
      > But the search backwords equivalent does not work:
      > elseif fileType == 'javascript'
      > execute '?\<function\>'
      > curiously, using ex, as in
      > :execute '?\<function\>'
      > works.
      >
      > Any ideas on what I an doing wrong?
      > thanks
      > tim (full function code follows)
      [...]

      What it should do is jump to the nearest line containing the word
      "function" above the current line. Does the current file contain such a
      line? If it does, what does your command do? Do you get an error? (Check
      the output of ":messages", because redrawing might erase the message)

      Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.