Re: ANN: YankRing 6.1

  • Bill McCarthy
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
      On Fri 31-Oct-08 6:49am -0600, David Fishburn wrote:

      > There was a problem with the 6.0 release for Windows users.
      > All Windows users should download this version.

      Although I'm a native Windows (no Cygwin) user without the space
      problem, I upgraded.

      (1) When I unzipped I received the following:

      Archive: yankring_61.zip
      plugin\yankring.vim: mismatching "local" filename (plugin/yankring.vim),
      continuing with "central" filename version
      warning: yankring_61.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
      replace plugin/yankring.vim? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A
      inflating: plugin/yankring.vim
      doc\yankring.txt: mismatching "local" filename (doc/yankring.txt),
      continuing with "central" filename version
      inflating: doc/yankring.txt

      (2) Not sure if this worked - I looked at the help file. It still
      says 6.0.

      (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
      :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.

      (4) I also use <c-n> and <c-p> to move between errors. Instead of
      looking up key codes for using Alt, this worked:

      let g:yankring_replace_n_pkey = '<m-p>'
      let g:yankring_replace_n_nkey = '<m-n>'

      Bill

    • David Fishburn
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
        On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM, David Liang <bmdavll@...> wrote:

        > I'm using Vim 7.1-138 and the [tTfF] motions are not working at all
        > with YankRing. All the yankring variables are at the defaults. Example
        > from the tutorial:

        As Andy responded, when using a Vim without the v:operator feature the
        YankRing has limited functionality. Since running in the limited mode
        is silent, I have put a message into the YankRing window.

        I have updated YRShow to put a note in:

        AutoClose=1;ClipboardMonitor=1;Cmds:<enter>,[g]p,[p]P,d,r,s,a,c,u,q,<space>;Help=?
        YankRing has limited functionality without Vim 7.2 or higher
        --- YankRing ---
        Elem Content

        So that anyone else will hopefully read that line:
        YankRing has limited functionality without Vim 7.2 or higher

        I am hoping this might help promote the Vim 7.2 release if people are
        able to upgrade.

        Do you think this is a good idea? Would it have helped you?

        Dave

      • Bill McCarthy
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
          On Sun 2-Nov-08 4:02pm -0600, David Fishburn wrote:
          > On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:

          >> (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
          >> :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.

          > Sounds right.

          Not here. Inside a map, there should be silence unless
          intended otherwise. If <silent> doesn't do it, then YRShow
          should temporarily set 'report' to something big and restore
          its value at exit.

          Bill

        • David Fishburn
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
            On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:

            > On Sun 2-Nov-08 4:02pm -0600, David Fishburn wrote:
            >> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:
            >
            >>> (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
            >>> :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.
            >
            >> Sounds right.
            >
            > Not here. Inside a map, there should be silence unless
            > intended otherwise. If <silent> doesn't do it, then YRShow
            > should temporarily set 'report' to something big and restore
            > its value at exit.

            Ah, I did not realize you were suggesting there was undesirable behaviour.

            Based on your first message it sounded like you were confirming things
            were installed correctly since it successfully removed an item from
            the YankRing.

            Setting report=0 I was able to cleanup those messages.

            This will be part of the 6.2 release.

            Thanks,
            Dave