Re: ANN: YankRing 6.1

  • Andrew Long
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
      On 1 Nov 2008, at 23:16, David Liang wrote:

      > I'm using Vim 7.1-138 and the [tTfF] motions are not working at all
      > with YankRing. All the yankring variables are at the defaults. Example
      > from the tutorial:

      I had the same problem. I upgraded my cygwin installation, which got me
      a new version of Vim (7.2), and it all worked perfectly.

      Regards, Andy

      --
      Andrew Long
      andrew dot long at mac dot com

    • Bill McCarthy
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
        On Fri 31-Oct-08 6:49am -0600, David Fishburn wrote:

        > There was a problem with the 6.0 release for Windows users.
        > All Windows users should download this version.

        Although I'm a native Windows (no Cygwin) user without the space
        problem, I upgraded.

        (1) When I unzipped I received the following:

        Archive: yankring_61.zip
        plugin\yankring.vim: mismatching "local" filename (plugin/yankring.vim),
        continuing with "central" filename version
        warning: yankring_61.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
        replace plugin/yankring.vim? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A
        inflating: plugin/yankring.vim
        doc\yankring.txt: mismatching "local" filename (doc/yankring.txt),
        continuing with "central" filename version
        inflating: doc/yankring.txt

        (2) Not sure if this worked - I looked at the help file. It still
        says 6.0.

        (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
        :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.

        (4) I also use <c-n> and <c-p> to move between errors. Instead of
        looking up key codes for using Alt, this worked:

        let g:yankring_replace_n_pkey = '<m-p>'
        let g:yankring_replace_n_nkey = '<m-n>'

        Bill

      • David Fishburn
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
          On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM, David Liang <bmdavll@...> wrote:

          > I'm using Vim 7.1-138 and the [tTfF] motions are not working at all
          > with YankRing. All the yankring variables are at the defaults. Example
          > from the tutorial:

          As Andy responded, when using a Vim without the v:operator feature the
          YankRing has limited functionality. Since running in the limited mode
          is silent, I have put a message into the YankRing window.

          I have updated YRShow to put a note in:

          AutoClose=1;ClipboardMonitor=1;Cmds:<enter>,[g]p,[p]P,d,r,s,a,c,u,q,<space>;Help=?
          YankRing has limited functionality without Vim 7.2 or higher
          --- YankRing ---
          Elem Content

          So that anyone else will hopefully read that line:
          YankRing has limited functionality without Vim 7.2 or higher

          I am hoping this might help promote the Vim 7.2 release if people are
          able to upgrade.

          Do you think this is a good idea? Would it have helped you?

          Dave

        • Bill McCarthy
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
            On Sun 2-Nov-08 4:02pm -0600, David Fishburn wrote:
            > On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:

            >> (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
            >> :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.

            > Sounds right.

            Not here. Inside a map, there should be silence unless
            intended otherwise. If <silent> doesn't do it, then YRShow
            should temporarily set 'report' to something big and restore
            its value at exit.

            Bill

          • David Fishburn
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
              On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:

              > On Sun 2-Nov-08 4:02pm -0600, David Fishburn wrote:
              >> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:
              >
              >>> (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
              >>> :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.
              >
              >> Sounds right.
              >
              > Not here. Inside a map, there should be silence unless
              > intended otherwise. If <silent> doesn't do it, then YRShow
              > should temporarily set 'report' to something big and restore
              > its value at exit.

              Ah, I did not realize you were suggesting there was undesirable behaviour.

              Based on your first message it sounded like you were confirming things
              were installed correctly since it successfully removed an item from
              the YankRing.

              Setting report=0 I was able to cleanup those messages.

              This will be part of the 6.2 release.

              Thanks,
              Dave