Vim Tips wiki - Main Page

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 1, 2008
      The November edition of the Vim Tips Main Page is now available:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

      Remember that if you log on you won't see the ads! Also, if you fix a couple of
      tips, you might be rewarded in an after life.

      The featured tip shows some ways to find long lines. BenS and BenF might like to
      note that an anonymous comment added a month ago alerted me to the fact that the
      version we worked on had two bugs (which I fixed).

      Say we were highlighting text after 80 columns. The first problem was that a long
      line was not highlighted if it had a tab starting before, and finishing after, the
      virtual column we were looking for. The second problem was that a line of exactly 80
      characters often had a spurious virtual column highlighted at position 81.

      John

    • John Beckett
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 1, 2009
        The April edition of the Vim Tips Main Page is now available:
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

        The "From Vim Help" section deserves some care this month.

        It's a wiki, so please fix any glitches you notice. If you're
        not sure about something, reply here or try my talk page on the
        wiki.

        John