Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: ANN: YankRing 6.1

Expand Messages
  • David Liang
    I m using Vim 7.1-138 and the [tTfF] motions are not working at all with YankRing. All the yankring variables are at the defaults. Example from the tutorial:
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      I'm using Vim 7.1-138 and the [tTfF] motions are not working at all
      with YankRing. All the yankring variables are at the defaults. Example
      from the tutorial:

      four
      [buffer, cursor at 'f']

      ytr

      :reg
      --- Registers ---
      "" fou
      "0 fou
      ...

      :YRShow
      Elem Content
      1 String
      ...

      At this point p (and ""p, but not "0p) inserts 'String' instead of
      'fou'.

      --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
      You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
      -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
    • Andrew Long
      ... I had the same problem. I upgraded my cygwin installation, which got me a new version of Vim (7.2), and it all worked perfectly. Regards, Andy -- Andrew
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        On 1 Nov 2008, at 23:16, David Liang wrote:

        >
        > I'm using Vim 7.1-138 and the [tTfF] motions are not working at all
        > with YankRing. All the yankring variables are at the defaults. Example
        > from the tutorial:
        >
        I had the same problem. I upgraded my cygwin installation, which got me
        a new version of Vim (7.2), and it all worked perfectly.

        Regards, Andy

        --
        Andrew Long
        andrew dot long at mac dot com


        --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
        You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
      • Bill McCarthy
        ... Although I m a native Windows (no Cygwin) user without the space problem, I upgraded. (1) When I unzipped I received the following: Archive:
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          On Fri 31-Oct-08 6:49am -0600, David Fishburn wrote:

          > There was a problem with the 6.0 release for Windows users.
          > ...
          > All Windows users should download this version.

          Although I'm a native Windows (no Cygwin) user without the space
          problem, I upgraded.

          (1) When I unzipped I received the following:

          Archive: yankring_61.zip
          plugin\yankring.vim: mismatching "local" filename (plugin/yankring.vim),
          continuing with "central" filename version
          warning: yankring_61.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
          replace plugin/yankring.vim? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A
          inflating: plugin/yankring.vim
          doc\yankring.txt: mismatching "local" filename (doc/yankring.txt),
          continuing with "central" filename version
          inflating: doc/yankring.txt

          (2) Not sure if this worked - I looked at the help file. It still
          says 6.0.

          (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
          :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.

          (4) I also use <c-n> and <c-p> to move between errors. Instead of
          looking up key codes for using Alt, this worked:

          let g:yankring_replace_n_pkey = '<m-p>'
          let g:yankring_replace_n_nkey = '<m-n>'

          --
          Best regards,
          Bill



          --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
          You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
          -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
        • Andy Wokula
          ... Yankring silently disables the [tTfF] motions for Vim versions prior to 7.1.205. The check is ... or ... -- Andy
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            Andrew Long schrieb:
            > On 1 Nov 2008, at 23:16, David Liang wrote:
            >
            >> I'm using Vim 7.1-138 and the [tTfF] motions are not working at all
            >> with YankRing. All the yankring variables are at the defaults.
            >> Example from the tutorial:
            >>
            > I had the same problem. I upgraded my cygwin installation, which got
            > me a new version of Vim (7.2), and it all worked perfectly.
            >
            > Regards, Andy

            Yankring silently disables the [tTfF] motions for Vim versions prior to
            7.1.205. The check is
            :echo v:version > 701 || ( v:version == 701 && has("patch205") )
            or
            :echo exists("v:operator")

            --
            Andy


            --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
            You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
            -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
          • David Fishburn
            ... Hmm, I use iZarc to create the archive. I wonder if it is doing something weird. ... Yes, in my haste to get this out so that a lot of Windows users didn t
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:
              >
              > On Fri 31-Oct-08 6:49am -0600, David Fishburn wrote:
              >
              >> There was a problem with the 6.0 release for Windows users.
              >> ...
              >> All Windows users should download this version.
              >
              > Although I'm a native Windows (no Cygwin) user without the space
              > problem, I upgraded.
              >
              > (1) When I unzipped I received the following:
              >
              > Archive: yankring_61.zip
              > plugin\yankring.vim: mismatching "local" filename (plugin/yankring.vim),
              > continuing with "central" filename version
              > warning: yankring_61.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
              > replace plugin/yankring.vim? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A
              > inflating: plugin/yankring.vim
              > doc\yankring.txt: mismatching "local" filename (doc/yankring.txt),
              > continuing with "central" filename version
              > inflating: doc/yankring.txt


              Hmm, I use iZarc to create the archive.
              I wonder if it is doing something weird.


              > (2) Not sure if this worked - I looked at the help file. It still
              > says 6.0.

              Yes, in my haste to get this out so that a lot of Windows users didn't
              have more trouble than I wanted to forgot to update the very top of
              the doc/yankring.txt
              Version: 6.0

              But, if you can look for this line (1114):
              6.1: October 31, 2008:
              BF: If the g:yankring_history_dir contains spaces (default on
              Windows) an error was reported. A simple work around was to
              let g:yankring_history_dir = 'c:\Vim' or no spaces (Matt).

              That would confirm it.


              > (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
              > :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.

              Sounds right.

              > (4) I also use <c-n> and <c-p> to move between errors. Instead of
              > looking up key codes for using Alt, this worked:
              >
              > let g:yankring_replace_n_pkey = '<m-p>'
              > let g:yankring_replace_n_nkey = '<m-n>'

              Ahh, thanks for the note. I will add this to the YankRing docs to see
              if it might help others as well.

              Dave

              --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
              You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
              For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
              -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
            • David Fishburn
              ... As Andy responded, when using a Vim without the v:operator feature the YankRing has limited functionality. Since running in the limited mode is silent, I
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM, David Liang <bmdavll@...> wrote:
                >
                > I'm using Vim 7.1-138 and the [tTfF] motions are not working at all
                > with YankRing. All the yankring variables are at the defaults. Example
                > from the tutorial:

                As Andy responded, when using a Vim without the v:operator feature the
                YankRing has limited functionality. Since running in the limited mode
                is silent, I have put a message into the YankRing window.

                I have updated YRShow to put a note in:

                AutoClose=1;ClipboardMonitor=1;Cmds:<enter>,[g]p,[p]P,d,r,s,a,c,u,q,<space>;Help=?
                YankRing has limited functionality without Vim 7.2 or higher
                --- YankRing ---
                Elem Content

                So that anyone else will hopefully read that line:
                YankRing has limited functionality without Vim 7.2 or higher

                I am hoping this might help promote the Vim 7.2 release if people are
                able to upgrade.

                Do you think this is a good idea? Would it have helped you?

                Dave

                --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
                You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
                -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
              • Bill McCarthy
                ... Not here. Inside a map, there should be silence unless intended otherwise. If doesn t do it, then YRShow should temporarily set report to
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  On Sun 2-Nov-08 4:02pm -0600, David Fishburn wrote:
                  > On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:

                  >> (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
                  >> :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.

                  > Sounds right.

                  Not here. Inside a map, there should be silence unless
                  intended otherwise. If <silent> doesn't do it, then YRShow
                  should temporarily set 'report' to something big and restore
                  its value at exit.

                  --
                  Best regards,
                  Bill


                  --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
                  You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                  For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
                  -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
                • David Fishburn
                  ... Ah, I did not realize you were suggesting there was undesirable behaviour. Based on your first message it sounded like you were confirming things were
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > On Sun 2-Nov-08 4:02pm -0600, David Fishburn wrote:
                    >> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >>> (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
                    >>> :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.
                    >
                    >> Sounds right.
                    >
                    > Not here. Inside a map, there should be silence unless
                    > intended otherwise. If <silent> doesn't do it, then YRShow
                    > should temporarily set 'report' to something big and restore
                    > its value at exit.

                    Ah, I did not realize you were suggesting there was undesirable behaviour.

                    Based on your first message it sounded like you were confirming things
                    were installed correctly since it successfully removed an item from
                    the YankRing.

                    Setting report=0 I was able to cleanup those messages.

                    This will be part of the 6.2 release.

                    Thanks,
                    Dave

                    --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
                    You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                    For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
                    -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.