patchmode directory

  • biruh
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      hi, i have Vim 7.2
      In my _vimrc file i have
      set backup
      set backupext=bak
      set backupdir=c:\vimbackups
      set patchmode=.orig

      the backup and patchmode works as expected. But the the patch file is
      created in the same directory with the edited file unlike the backups.
      I read in the todo list something like set patchmode=c:\vimbackups
      \*.orig but doesn't work with an error. I want to save the original
      file in c:\vimbackups. Any tips and tricks?
      Thanks