Cause of E21 Error

  • GrumpyCanuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2008
      Hi there.

      I'm editing some files in MacVim 7.2.x (whatever the latest is) that
      are mounted via sshfs (using ExpanDrive) and I noticed that some (not
      all) the files are reporting the following error whenever I try to
      make any modifications to them

      E21: Cannot make changes, 'modifiable' is off

      Now, I can type ":set modifiable" and this goes away BUT I'm trying to
      use the dbext.vim plugin and it won't display any results because it
      keeps giving me that E21 error in the buffer where results are suppost
      to show up.

      Files are mounted as a different user than the one I'm using locally,
      and saving of files seems to be working just fine after I do :set
      modifable.

      Any help on this would be appreciated.