Re: ANN: dbext 8.00

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
      On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:28 AM, Anton Sharonov
      <anton.sharonov@...> wrote:
      > Don't know where to post it elsewhere, since direct mail to David
      > seems to be lost... BTW, thanks for the excellent plugin!

      I thought I had responded to your previous email, I can't find a
      record of it though. Sorry about that.

      > During experiments with Oracle instant client, I have found that
      > it is impossible to specify port number in the "SQL Connect URL
      > string" of the oracle instant client:
      >
      > //host:[port][/service name]

      Can you show me the command line you would use to connect to this using SQLPlus.

      > , because dbext treats : as field separator in the option value.
      > In the following example:
      >
      > let g:dbext_default_profile_SOME_ORA_INSTANT_CLIENT =
      > 'type=ORA:srvname=//localhost:3333/instance_name:user=scott:passwd=tiger'

      The way this is supposed to work is something like this:

      let g:dbext_default_profile_SOME_ORA_INSTANT_CLIENT =
      'type=ORA:srvname=instance_name:host=localhost:port=3333:user=scott:passwd=tiger'

      But I haven't seen a srvname with slashes in it before, it is usually
      just a "word".

      You can send me a reply directly to the email address listed right at
      the top of the dbext help:
      :h dbext.txt

      Dave