Re: New Menu

  • fritzophrenic
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2008
      On Oct 29, 3:12 pm, epanda <callingel...@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I would like to add a new menu which permit user to mount a shared
      > folder of another computer to an available drive on my local computer.
      >
      > I don't know how to make the list of all letter drives already used
      > but when the list is done I can mount on
      > available letter's drive the shared folder of the other computer.
      >
      > On Windows
      > Thanks for help

      I find myself wondering why on earth you'd want to do this from within
      Vim, but that's beside the point.

      Since you're running in Windows, you'll need to interact with the cmd
      shell using a call to system() or a simple :! command.

      The particular DOS command you want is "net use".

      Here you can see that you can actually have it automatically use the
      first available drive letter for the mount.

      This is really not a Vim question, it is more of a Windows batch
      programming question.