Re: wrong links on the vim_dev page

  • fritzophrenic
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 10, 2008
      On Oct 10, 1:46 pm, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@...>
      wrote:
      > John Beckett wrote:
      > > [snip]
      > > It took the spammers three weeks to notice that we are open for business, but now
      > > someone has noticed, I expect we'll see this more regularly. Any member of vim_dev
      > > can fix future problems. Procedure:
      >
      > >http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev
      > > - Under the "Pages" heading, click "Vim patches".
      > > - Scroll to the bottom of the page.
      > > - In the Version drop-down menu, select a previous version.
      > > - The page will re-open, showing the previous version.
      > > - If it looks good, scroll to the bottom again.
      > > - Click "Make this version the current version".
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > Hello!
      >
      > The spammer has defaced the page again.  I tried following your
      > directions, but there was no "Make this version the current version"
      > button.  I assume that's because I don't have a google account and so
      > wasn't logged on.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Chip Campbell

      I see the same problem in IE7. Everything works until the 'Make this
      version the current version" step, where I see no such option.

      I did notice that if you edit the page, simply clicking on the "link"
      button in the editor interface will automatically try to make a link
      out of the highlighted text.

      This is a fairly quick way to correct the links.