Re: Installing on a PC running XP.

  • fritzophrenic
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
      On Oct 7, 12:36 pm, Hari <hari.rangara...@...> wrote:
      > You might be missing the Vim directory in your %PATH% environment variable.

      Actually, all theVim installers I've seen for Windows will add a vim
      and gvim batch file to a directory already in your path. That probably
      isn't the issue (unless you're using a weird installer, or none at
      all).

      > On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Mark S. <throa...@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I installed cream, which automatically gives you gvim as well on an XP:
      >
      > >  http://cream.sourceforge.net/home.html
      >
      > > Pretty painless install, though putting in additional plug-ins has taken
      > > some research.

      If you don't want all the click-and-edit style configurations of
      Cream, there is also a "regular Vim" installer available from the same
      place. It even includes relatively recent patches.

      For more info:

      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Which_verson_of_Vim_should_I_use%3F