Re: Finding files and keeping then for future use

  • Venkata Suryam Setty ISSA
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 8, 2008
      Anton Sharonov wrote:

      > " to do nice navigation to another buffers
      > set wildmenu wildmode=full
      >
      > in your .vimrc, than <TAB> will list several matches even more
      > comfortable.

      Excellent!!!, this is nearest to what I am looking for. I will go for

      set wildmenu wildmode=list:full

      Basically what I was looking for is: First I write

      :new blah

      Now after I press <Tab>, I want it work like, "wildmode=list:full".
      Until now it's fine.

      But sometimes I find in a situation where I will be writing 1st letters
      by mistake as 'bleh' and when there indeed exists a long file that
      starts with 'bleh', then I will be in trouble. (NOTE: on my system
      <Shift-Left> etc keys that do word movement in command line doesn't
      work). Here 'wildmenu's arrow key functionality helps me a lot.

      Once again thanks for sharing this wonderful info.

      --
      Have A Nice Day
      Venkata Suryam