Re: unable to use IDGrep

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2008

      On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Sushrut Sardeshmukh <bestbrain@...> wrote:

      > Hello Yegappan,
      > Thanks for help.
      > did you write this? http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=251
      > If yes, thanks a ton for writing it :)
      >
      > Just set LID_File and it works!

      Usually you don't need to set the LID_File variable as the GNU lid
      utility will search the parent directories for the ID file.

      > (later on I ended up setting F4 and LID_Jump_To_Match to zero. )
      > Thank you again for help.
      >

      > BTW, I am curious to know if there is any way we can have faste
      > freetext search in Unix (preferably via gvim)
      > again.. code base is too large to load all the files in gvim and
      > search buffers.

      You have to use GNU id-utils or Cscope or GNU global to search a
      large number of source files.

      You can also use the grep utility from Vim. For this, you can try using the
      following plugin:

      - Yegappan