RE: Vim Tips wiki: HTML character entities

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7 3:48 PM
      Ben Schmidt wrote:
      > So...what makes the cetera?

      Al has explained, but here is a tiny bit more detail that I didn't include on the
      wiki "Special text" page because I thought it made it too long (the info is there,
      but it's not spelt out).

      Wikitext supports certain HTML tags (see link on page I gave earlier). Also (to
      support attributes) any non-word character is accepted as an end-of-tag.

      Since <u> is a supported tag, any of the following would break wikitext:
      <u>
      <u-hello>
      <u;hello>
      <u hello>

      Same for:
      <q hello> <q+hello> <q;hello>
      <s hello> <s+hello> <s;hello>
      <i hello> <i+hello> <i;hello>

      Some checking makes me think that the only problems likely to occur in a Vim tip are
      with <q-args> and <s-xxx>.

      John