Re: How to toggle bottom scroolbar ?

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
      On 02/10/08 10:56, Timothy Madden wrote:
      > Hy
      >
      > Can you please tell how to toggle a scrollbar from $MYVIMRC ?
      > Should I use gvimrc instead or does it also work on the terminal
      > version of vim ?
      >

      > Thank you,
      > Timothy Madden

      The scrollbars (if any) in the console terminal are not managed by vim
      but by the terminal; they usually have no effect on the Console Vim display.

      In gvim, you can use

      set guioptions-=b

      in your gvimrc, or

      if has('gui')
      set guioptions-=b
      endif

      in your vimrc.

      See
      :help 'guioptions'
      :help 'go-b'

      It wasn't that she had a rose in her teeth, exactly. It was more like
      the rose and the teeth were in the same glass.

    • Patrick Texier
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
        On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:33:57 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

        > in your gvimrc, or
        >
        > if has('gui')
        > set guioptions-=b
        > endif

        if has('gui_running')

        'gui' means compiled with GUI and will be true on Unix console vim.
        --
        Patrick Texier

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          On 02/10/08 15:04, Patrick Texier wrote:
          > On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:33:57 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
          >
          >> in your gvimrc, or
          >>
          >> if has('gui')
          >> set guioptions-=b
          >> endif
          >
          > if has('gui_running')
          >
          > 'gui' means compiled with GUI and will be true on Unix console vim.

          Yes, I used it intentionally.

          If you start Unix Vim in console mode, then later use the ":gui"
          command, the has('gui_running') parts of vimrc won't have run.

          The reason I use the ":if" here is to avoid an error "unknown option" if
          the GUI has not been compiled-in. Setting 'guioptions' has no effect in
          Console mode, but it will be remembered if you switch to GUI mode later on.

          You will think of something funnier than this to add to the fortunes.