fresh jump list per window

  • Kostas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello all,

      jump lists are stored per-window. However, when you open a window the
      current jump list is copied to the new window. Thus, you end up having
      a list with jumps from 10 different files and when you press Ctrl-O,
      an old file is opened in the new window, which is annoying. What I
      would like is the jump list to contain only positions I visited since
      I opened the window. Is there a way to do this? I couldn't even find a
      command to clear the jump list.

      Also, from what I understood from the viminfo help, if viminfo is non-
      empty then you have to include the '' option, which then causes the
      jumplist to be saved to vimnfo. Is it possible NOT to store the
      jumplist to viminfo?

      Thanks in advance,
      Kostas