Re: Trouble mapping square bracket keys without a 2 second delay [sj]

  • 703designs
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
      The delay seems to be due to the way that Vi handles maps: It waits to
      execute it until it's sure of your intentions. For example, I had a
      rule (inoremap) that made php<tab> expand to <?php ?> and move a few
      characters to the left into the middle of the PHP block. But this got
      really annoying quickly just because there was a lag every time I
      typed 'p': Vi was making sure that I didn't mean php<tab> by delaying
      before using the normal behavior.