Re: Ctrl+Y in gVim for Windows

  • Siddhartha Kasivajhula
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2008
      Thank you all for being so prompt and helpful! It works just as I wanted!
      -Siddhartha

      On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

      On 27/09/08 20:38, Alessandro Antonello wrote:
      > Hi  all.
      >
      > I agree with Tony. You don't need to change anything in the Vim main
      > directory. The best way to do is make a "vimfiles" folder in besides
      > the Vim directory and change your "_vimrc" or "_gvimrc" to do not call
      > "mswin.vim". You don't need to delete the line "behave mswin" too. It
      > is used to many things than key mapping. So, the best way is to
      > override the default configuration in other way.
      >
      > Regards.

      The ":behave" command is actually a shortcut for setting four options at
      the same time.

      These options' defaults are
             :set selectmode= keymodel= selection=inclusive
      and (for Windows)
             :set mousemodel=popup
      or (for Unix)
             :set mousemodel=extend

      ":behave mswin" is equivalent to
             :set selectmode=mouse,key mousemodel=popup
             :set keymodel=startsel,stopsel selection=exclusive

      ":behave xterm" is equivalent to
             :set selectmode= mousemodel=extend
             :set keymodel= selection=inclusive

      I use neither, but
             :set selectmode=key,mouse mousemodel=popup
             :set keymodel=startsel selection=inclusive

      which is a sort of middle-ground between them. Unlike mswin.vim, none of
      the above clobbers any useful keystrokes so I recommend that you study
      what these options do and make your own choice.

      190. You quickly hand over your wallet, leather jacket, and car keys
           during a mugging, then proceed to beat the crap out of your
           assailant when he asks for your laptop.