shortcut for ex ranges

  • Efraim Yawitz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008

      After reading the thread on asynchronous processes I was just looking
      at the help for the ! command which I rarely use, and after playing
      with it I realized that it translates a motion from normal mode into a
      range for an ex command, i.e. doing !2j gives you an ex command line
      of :.,+2! to start your filter with. This made me wonder: Is there a
      way to do this without the filter? In other words, instead of having
      to type :.,+2s I could get there with a 2j combined with something. I
      realize I can do it with the ! itself by just backspacing over the !
      at the end of the ex command, but is there a more 'official' way to do
      this?

      Thanks,

      Ephraim