Re: Normalize indent spaces

  • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
      Saluton Richard :)

      On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:52:47 +0200, Richard Hartmann dixit:
      > On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 16:42, phadej <phadej@...> wrote:
      >
      > > {
      > > --TAB-->function_call(first_parameter,
      > > --TAB-->..............second_parameter);
      > > }
      >
      > Just to get nomenclature straigth, the tab is indentation, the spaces
      > are formatting. Once you understand this, the whole tabstop argument
      > ceases to exist as that is the way tabs were intended to be used and
      > are, all of a sudden, truly transparent again.
      > Kudos for using this style, too few people do :)

      I don't want to start the classic tab-vs-spaces flamewar, but I like
      this style, too. It adapts easily (specially when using vim) to
      everyone's likings, since you can use as many screen spaces as you want
      when showing a tab.

      Fortunately, vim makes easy to switch from and to this scheme, just in
      case somebody likes real spaces instead.

      We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...