Re: Print search results (:set hls) highlighting?

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
      On 05/09/08 17:54, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > Hi David!
      >
      > On Fri, 05 Sep 2008, David Green wrote:
      >
      >> I would like to be able to print some code such that the hardcopy
      >> includes any highlighted text, i.e., after running a search with :set
      >> hls the search results have a yellow background (highlight). When I
      >> send this file to the printer with :hardcopy the highlighting is gone.
      >> The syntax highlighting remains but the background search results
      >> highlighting does not. Does anyone know how to include this, or any
      >> other type of text selection highlight, in a vim hardcopy?
      >
      > I would check the print-options. My guess is, that setting
      >
      > :set popt+=syntax:y
      >
      > would work.
      >
      > :h 'popt'
      > :h popt-option
      >
      > regards,
      > Christian

      ...and if that doesn't work, you can (in gvim) convert your text to HTML
      (see ":help 2html.vim") then open the result in your browser and print
      from there. The HTML so produced is supposed to display colors, closed
      folds, etc. just like you see them in gvim.

      Misfortune, n.:
      The kind of fortune that never misses.