Re: conditional code for vi inside vimrc

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
      > I don't know Ubuntu, but on RedHat and SuSE systems, where a
      > distinct "vim-minimal" package is also available,

      I believe the Ubuntu package mirrors the Debian "vim-tiny"
      package I've got here.

      If you've got more than one Vim package installed, you can run

      bash# update-alternatives --config vi
      bash# update-alternatives --config vim
      bash# update-alternatives --config editor

      to set your system-wide defaults for each command.

      -tim