Preview window type?

  • Hari
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
      Is there a way to set a window type as preview? I'm creating my own scratch buffer and fill it in with my preview information. I want to use the standard shortcuts to be applied to the preview window. There is no mention of a window being capable of a preview setting unless it is opened with the 'tag' commands or the omni-complete func.

      Thanks,
      Hari

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
        Hari wrote:
        > Is there a way to set a window type as preview?

        :set previewwindow

        As you will discover, it won't work if there is already a preview window, in which
        case I suppose you have to check all existing windows for that option to identify it.

        Ben.

      • ThoML
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
          > Is there a way to set a window type as preview? I'm creating my own scratch
          > buffer and fill it in with my preview information

          There is also the :pedit command that could be of some use. After
          creating a buffer with this command the cursor is in the original
          buffer so you'd have to switch buffers before filling in information.
          And you'd have to mark the buffer (if newly created) as scratch
          buffer.