Re: "preview" in 'completeopt' option not working

  • Benjamin Fritz
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2008
      On 7/1/08, Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegappanl@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >

      > On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Benjamin Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On 6/27/08, Erik Falor <ewfalor@...> wrote:
      > >> There is no discernable difference between
      > >> completeopt=menu and completeopt=menu,preview.
      > >>

      > > So, does anyone have any leads on why this could be? Is there some
      > > simple option that prevents the preview window from popping up,
      > > something we aren't doing correctly, or is this a bug?
      > >
      > > Can anyone else get completeopt=menu,preview to pop up a preview window?
      > >

      > I am able to get the preview window to open when using omni-completion
      > to display more information about a selected tag with a C file.

      That works for me too...

      Is this the only time the preview window will open by default?
      Omni-completion with a tags file?

      Maybe the 'info' field in :help complete-items needs to be set for it
      to display anything?

    • Hari
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2008
        Hmm...looks so. I had a look at the end in popupmnu.c -- the omnifunc complete function is supposed to prepopulate the different entries (name, cmd, etc) and then the popup menu selection code updates the preview window using the populated info when you move through the entries. Not sure if you can fake this process by calling the complete function directly through a command....

        Any thoughts?